Slide Show

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #8: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






Once upon a time there was book about a little boy. The boy was not an ordinary one and he was soon about to discover it. And  I was about to discover the books.

How many times did I flip through the Harry Potter series, how many times did I hear friends and family speak about those amazing books? I've lost count, as I've lost count of the times that I told to myself: This year I will read the Harry Potter books.

But I never did!

I watched the movies and loved them and then I was afraid that if I read the books, I would lose the magic. Will I? I don't know, but now, I'm actually and finally reading the first Harry Potter book!

Here's the tease:

"Enter stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors,
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there."

4 comments:

  1. o.O For the life of me I cannot remember where was this mentioned! I sense a reread coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at the bank! I loved it! ;)

      Really how many times have you read this series?

      Delete
    2. Oooooh! Yes, of course! How could I forget that???

      More times than I can count I'm afraid.

      Delete