Slide Show

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor


What a book!

So, this is the second novella I ever read and I think I'm starting to like the concept of a novella. Especially since those two were amazing. First Shadows by L. J. Armentrout and now this one by Laini Taylor.

It's been a while since I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone series (I still have to read the third book too) and I had completely forgotten how much I love Laini's writing! I mean, when I started Night of Cake and Puppets it swept me off my feet.

Zuzana is crazy, absolutely nuts, but we knew that, right? This novella is all about Zuzana and Mik and it's about the night they actually met. (Because they knew each other, but they had never talked or introduced.) Well, in this book we read about all the crazy stuff that happened (or that someone made them happen) so they could meet and instantly fall in love.

Laini's writing pulled me right in to the story and I found myself craving for such a book. It had been a while since I read something so overpowering. Even if I knew how it would turn out, I enjoyed this book so much.

It was a shot of inspiration! You know, like an adrenaline shot right to the heart that gives you relentless energy. It was like that but instead of me running around, picture my mind working in fast forward, downloading ideas as if I had connected to some inspirational site.

It was freaking awesome!

I don't really know much about novellas, I don't know about plot and character development as far as novellas are concerned, but if something was missing, it didn't bother me. Well, I must say that I am not fan of instant love and that I love a good plot and some mind-blowing developments, but there are some books, that makes you ignore these stuff. Because you get so consumed that you don't actually care!

Read this book if you feel like reading something beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment