Slide Show

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Think Out Loud: Storm



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

I had a whole different TOL planned for today, but something else got in the way. Not a pretty one, but this is what I’m thinking right now and as much as I try it won’t go away. 

So I follow the only way I know how to deal with it.

I’m writing it down ... because it’s one of those days.

It’s been a while since I felt like this, but you never know when self-doubt will knock on your door. Well, today it tore down my door and hurried inside. With no reason and not a sign.

It felt like a huge nasty wave coming out of nowhere and suddenly I’m drifting away and there is water in my lungs, so I can’t breathe. And I’m panicking. My head hurts, my chest is burning and the surface is miles away.

So, there’s either drowning or struggle.  

I choose struggle.

Nelson Mandela had said: There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.

Well, somewhere in that valley I am lost already, but desire is what drives me forward. Isn’t it after all a kind of freedom we all crave for? What if it is against the tide or in the opposite direction of the wind?

No one has a say on our desires.


6 comments:

  1. Aww I hope everything is well Athina. Giving you hugs and strength to move pass this tide and get back to the surface hail and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ki. The hugs and strength are very helpful. The surface seems closer now.

      Delete
  2. Even in this dark place, who you are shines. Your words are beautiful. I say chase the storm like you're doing with this TOL post because the skies always clear. I'm sending you hugs, Athina! {{{{}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The skies always clear." I hold on to that, Robyn. You make me keep swimming!

      I'm sending you hugs too {{{{}}}}

      P.S I've missed your TOLs!!

      Delete
  3. Struggles only make us stronger and highlight our strengths! Choose to get through it and you will. I hope you are feeling better today :) Go with the flow and take a deep breathe! * If we never had night, we wouldn't be able to see the stars *

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right! I read somewhere that we choose to have the problems we have. So we choose to get through and we will!

      I'm feeling so much better! Thanks for stopping by.
      Have a great day!

      Delete