Slide Show

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Think Out Loud: The Cave



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.


I managed to sneak away for two days again so I could be closer to the beach. And it was a dream!


I don’t know to explain this, but the moment I stepped out of the ship, I felt like I could breathe again. The air was different, salty and even if it was hotter, it was exactly what I needed. In a blink of an eye I forgot everything and really relaxed and just observed the beautiful scenery. I hadn’t visited that place before, but you can drop me at any island and I will be happy. As long I watch the sea, feel the sun on my skin and listen the waves against the shore.

But the highlight of my trip was the cave! 

There I am swimming, searching for the cave that draws so much attention. It’s opening is big enough, but the darkness terrifies me. As closer as I swim my eyes don’t adjust to the darkness. I hear the water and it’s like murmuring which makes me want to swim deeper inside the cave and explore it.

So I do and as enter the cave, my foot hit on some rock that was bigger than I expected. Not that I had actually seen it! A ray of light cast some light and the water takes a shade of bright blue. It’s amazing.

The rocky ceiling is way too close, but the deeper I get the bigger the cave becomes and I feel like I’m swimming in the belly of some monster. I swim to the shore, because there is actually a small beach inside the cave.

I didn't want to leave, but when I did I walked on some rocks that created a path to the other side. The water splashed my feet and I actually felt like walking on water. Once I reached to the other side, I squeezed myself to the small opening and ascended the three stony steps.

And I was outside on the rocks where I had left my towel.

I don’t need to tell you that I jumped into the water again and hurried my way back to that cave. It was something that I wanted to keep in mind for as long as I could.

  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been an amazing feeling finding a place where you can just relax and be at peace. It's great finding a little place of your own for a short moment in time. Hope you get a chance to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. Thanks for stopping by, Kipha, and I hope you'll get things on track soon. :)

      Delete
  2. I was holding my breath while you swam closer and closer. I love this post, Athina. The blue you got to see and the feeling of walking on water and of exploring especially while swimming, that's just so wonderful! I have never been in a cave like that. I can see it so clearly with the way you describe it and I want to feel the heat of the day and smell the salty air and feel a little bit scared because my eyes haven't adjusted to the dark yet. So good! I'm happy for you that you snuck off and some great beach time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this post, Robyn! It was indeed a great time. I hope I can go swimming again soon.

      Have a great time with your boys! :)

      Delete