Slide Show

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Turn it around


Another year is about to end.  I know it’s common to do our New Year resolutions, but I want to do it differently this time.

So I won’t think of all the things I want to change, I won’t plan the new things I want to do, I won’t dream of the happy and beautiful days that is about to come, I won’t make plans, I won’t commit to anything.

I won’t care if I’ll wear the same dress or the same heels, I won’t give a shit that I can’t do my hair and I won’t whine that I don’t have a black purse to match my outfit.

This New Year will be free.

I’m here, I write, I edit, I search for a job, I study, I move on and evolve. But I won’t be stressed anymore.

Where I come from we say that: what is to come it will come or else it will pass by.

What is going to be, universe? I’m standing unprotected in the rain hoping that the sun will rise and I don’t mind the wind neither that I’m soaked. I don’t even notice the pain on my feet for standing here too long. What is going to be?

I shall see, for I won’t make plans this time.  

Happy New Year to all of you.


May 2014 will be as you’ve dreamed of … or like you wouldn’t dare to imagine!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of resolutions much anymore, either. I still make some goals on a week-by-week basis, but not a year-by-year one. Too much can change in such a huge amount of time!

    Hope you have a fantastic 2014, Athina! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too much can change and too much can stay the same too! Week-by-week basis it's more efficient, I think.

      I wish your dreams to come true this year, Heather.
      Have an amazing 2014 too. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, no formal resolutions. I announced that at lunch this weekend to my mom and sister when they were gearing up to have a big ol' resolutions session. I guess I sounded petulant because they both looked at me like I was being a brat. "I'm not making resolutions this year. They suck. I suck at keeping them. Not gonna do it."

    Your words are beautiful and I'll hop back over to this post when I fall into my list habit. It's been wonderful chatting with you and I'm so happy to call you my friend. I look forward to more chats and introspection and flying.

    Happy New Year, Athina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been really wonderful talking to you, Robyn and I'm so happy I call you my friend. I look forward for your posts, our chat and of course, I look forward to read your books this year!:)

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, focusing on change makes it difficult to actually keep a focus at all.
    I hope 2014 will be a fantastic year for you, Athina :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that's why I'm not focusing anywhere. I let things happen. :)

      Happy New Year.

      Delete